New Fishing Spots

sooner

looking for some new fly spots in the area....anyone willing to give some suggestions?

thanks

Jamie

Try Gibson areas. I have been using it for practicing casts with small dry flies in the evening and catching lots of sunfish. I have also seen many carp break the surface going after flies so hooking into one of these guys with a lightwt setup would be quite the challenge. Lots of bass there as well when the season opens up. The hardest part is just trying to find an area where you have enough room for the backcast.

PS: the spinning guys always look at me funny when I am down there.

I've been going down to Chippawa Creek. There is a parking lot with a boat ramp. If you can catch it when no one is parked it is a great place. Been windy there lately.

There is lots of open spaces to catch fish. Just have to take a hike and find an opening. I have had some people question and mock me for having bright green line. I just laugh.

There is lots of open spaces to catch fish. Just have to take a hike and find an opening. I have had some people question and mock me for having bright green line. I just laugh.

They'd really get a kick out of my fluorescent "Salmon Pink" line with neon lime green backing then :roflblack:

Archived