Midnights

jackz905

Carp fishing at night can be productive. Carp don't need to see your bait to find and eat it. You will just have to try and see. Try pre baiting a spot. The one thing about night fishing is that you will generally have the waters all to yourself.

One of my favourite things to do is go down to an area where lot's of lil' old ladies like to feed the ducks & geese after dark on warm summer nights. The birds bed down when it's dark, so start throwing out bread crusts, if there's any carp eventually they'll start sucking down the bread off the surface. Chuck out a crust on a hook & line and wait for a big girl to suck it down.

Top water carp! The sound a 20lb+ makes slurping down Wonderbread is unreal, SLUUUUUUUUURRRRRPPPPPPPPPAAAAHHHH!

One of my favourite things to do is go down to an area where lot's of lil' old ladies like to feed the ducks & geese after dark on warm summer nights. The birds bed down when it's dark, so start throwing out bread crusts, if there's any carp eventually they'll start sucking down the bread off the surface. Chuck out a crust on a hook & line and wait for a big girl to suck it down.

Top water carp! The sound a 20lb+ makes slurping down Wonderbread is unreal, SLUUUUUUUUURRRRRPPPPPPPPPAAAAHHHH!

That's a great tip.......I'll have to try this one out.......

no not yet been tryin to get out there but working midnights now so i cant get out fishing as much as i want but i got a 4 day weekend so ill probly head out that way if u wanna go one day ill give gas money and we can go

• 4 weeks later...

I've found fishing for carp at night can be productive. Though fishing dusk and dawn to be the best (IMO). Results can vary from place to place just like in the daytime. One problem I do find is that if you are chumming the area with bait that is really sweet or smelly there will be a chance bullheads will invade your spot first when fishing after dark. I find that annoying. It can be good time to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Archived