Rice Lake

fin S fisher

Im going to rice lake for the first time with my son for the long weekend! can anyone point me in the right direction ?? dont want ur honey hole but I can only afford the boat for 1 day at 100 bucks a day. I will be camping at tower manor lodge. any info would greatly be appreciated.

You should be ok for the most part now weeds are still low but will be everywhere soon. best bet is fish near bottombat about 15 to 25 ft with minnows and or worms. and there are walleye, perch , and bass. so good luck

Your best friend at rice is a spinner bait, hit weeds on the shore line by budley marina. There is also a sunken railroad tracks that always holds, and around the islands are good. You'll catch fish for sure up there.

I was at quinte last week ,the fish are not in there spawning locations they are way advanced into summer spots,weed line 15ft to 20 stay away from minnows this time of year go with worms harnessess and bottom bouncers

Use multi coloured twisters and gigg them straight threw the weed beds . Also a little trick it to dip them in garlic before casting. U will get most pickerel with a few monster bass

tryin to stir the pot with the oos bass coment eh.this is getting stale fast.

Some good walleye fishin there,rippin bucktail jigs alomg weed edges should be the way to go or rapalas

need current. whereabouts on the lake is that lodge? lots of current on the east end where it narrows at hastings. you can also find strong current below the dam at hastings beside the locks. you will need a net as that pier is around 5' above the water. i believe you need to keep 25 yards from the dam or you can get a ticket. the indian river at keene should also have current. if you want to fish from shore, there are 4 hydro dams between hastings and campbellford which always has good current. only problem is those spots is that it will be packed as this is the second weekend. i agree with larry jigs, streamers and rapalas all the way.

Archived