Port Maitland Today

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Left the house at 04:30 after dewatering and delogging Buddy Boys. Rechecked Mapblast for my new route(Shortcut) :lol: to Port Maitland. Headed to Tim's and then gas. Off I go,got to Wainfleet took Browns road,thought it would bring me to PM,I think I should have turned left. Long story, but I did make it to for some minnows and then down to the launch. The wind was dieing down and starting to blow out of the N.

Clouds1010Erie.jpg

Water was very muddy at the mouth I went out about a mile then I tried a planer board,nothing doing there so I loaded up my DRiggers with Williams, spinner baits,and a lake troll. The water was a green colour out to about the 5 mile mark.

I did have one hit on the cheater(Spinner) that was loaded up with worms and tipped with a minnow. He left me a small piece of worm and the head of the minnow. I sure would like to know how they do that.

Trolled almost out to the US/Canada border,decided to call her a day. Poped my rods off the riggers,started to reel in the rod when the other one started to sing. I nice 8lb Walleye.

Walleye1010.jpg

He took a ReefRunner....

I'm eating him as I type :)

It was good to fly the flag once again. I stopped at Nicholl's last week and got a replacement stern light. I have 1 more flag left. I think I'll attach a a safety line to this one.

flag1010Erie.jpg

I'll see you at 06:30

Are you aquiring a taste for the eyes or is laketrout still king of the table?

1264[/snapback]

No Chilli

A White flesh fish will never surpass,a Pink meated fish.

1. Atlantic Salmon (Wild)

2. Spec. Trout (Muders)

3. Laketrout

Went to Port Maitland this AM waited for my fishing partner,then waited at the launch. What happened?? Hope your not in jail :dunno:

So much for warm weather and waves two ft. or less that was forecasted for today.

I did manage to get out about 8 miles before spray from a wave hit me in the back of the head. Survival siut was the main gear today.

I came in and trolled about a mile out from Port Maitland,had 1 rod popoff the rigger,that was it for the day. I packed it in around 11:30.

On the way up to the launch I came across my friend Yo,good to see you again! Catch anything?

Picture of the day...

LErie1011.jpg

Sorry Brain i had a rough night . Sorry again for makeing u wait for me .

1304[/snapback]

Rough night,did you wake up with your tongue swollen and stuck to the top of your mouth,beer will do that from what I remember ;)

NP I spent the 1/2 hr talking to your Reel Salesman, about the Avro Arrow (Plane) He was heading to P.C. for some Bass fishing.

Thanks to my loyal dog (Buddy) who woke me this mornin at 04:00 with a big wet one across the face. I wasn't planing on fishing today but after I checked the winds I was out the door to dewater Buddy and off to Tim's.

I headed to 's for some worms. Then down to the launch,there was a heavy frost on the cars in Dunnville,I think I'll be carry salt from now on.

Launched in the dark and headed out.

Erie1012dark.jpg

My first impression of the waves were that they lied again!!

Erie1012Sunup.jpg

Later in the day though all was calm.

Erie1012.jpg

I headed straight out to 110FOW to 157FOWand started fishing,tried everything,used every colour Williams I have :dunno:

This is not a good pic of the F.Finder I took about 10 and this is the best one,alot of the time out there the fish were from top to bottom.

Erie1012FF.jpg

I decided to try another shortcut, on the way home. This is the best one yet,it's now 30 miles from PM to my house,big improvement from the 60 miles. :blush:

No fishin today and for the next few days. Dentist tomarrow and warranty repairs on the SUV will tie it up friday.

I woke this AM and took a pic of 12mile creek and the backyard.

backyard1013.jpg

Fall is in the air.

Keep the reports coming. That shot of the sun just coming over the horizon just put a big grin on my face. Wish I was out there with ya!!!

Oh Poor me, I just have to live through you. Unless I win the lotto super 7, then I can relax.

That was one beauty walleye there.

not posting on FH anymore????

Mario

Hey there Mario.

Do those students really have a smile on there face in the Mornin? I never saw that when I was going to school so many years ago!

Nope no more FH seems they don't want the hole days event. They just want reports to attract paying ads! Can't mention that I stopped at for minnows on my way fishin. Or TIM"S

Hey there Mario.

Do those students really have a smile on there face in the Mornin? I never saw that when I was going to school so many years ago!

Nope no more FH seems they don't want the hole days event. They just want   reports to attract paying ads!   Can't mention that I stopped at for minnows on my way fishin. Or TIM"S

1369[/snapback]

Hey Brian, sorry to hear that. You're welcome to talk about Timmies all you want! ;) . I'm sorry you became offended during the whole discussion regarding prohibited advertising. No problems with you mentioning where you got your minnows, it was just poor timing thats all. With the amount of spamming we were recieving from Ultimate , your comments were taken for more than what they actually were...just you discribing your day.

It's a shame you've taken such offence to that discusiion, none was intended. I hope to see you at the bar this Fall....I'll bring the Timmies! :dunno:

Also not something to worry about at this site. I might get a little peeved at deliberate spamming but so far I've seen no problems with things here.

Marcus, welcome to the site. ;) I read FH all the time and you even gave me great advice there on Long Point not too long ago, and for this I thank you. :dunno: We absolutely clobbered the largemouth and had a great time.

Here's my all time biggest one I caught there this year at 5.5 pounds.

034325.jpg

Thanks for the welcome Rick. Good to hear you got into the largies. Let me know if you're going to be back up this way. The smallmouth bite is hot right now!

2271Smallie_101004.jpg

I've boated over 200 in the past couple weeks! All decent fish, the fall smallie bite can be a lot of fun.

Guest Steelheader
Thanks for the welcome Rick.  Good to hear you got into the largies.  Let me know if you're going to be back up this way.  The smallmouth bite is hot right now!

2271Smallie_101004.jpg

I've boated over 200 in the past couple weeks!  All decent fish, the fall smallie bite can be a lot of fun.

1402[/snapback]

Nice fish Markus! I love smallies.

Where are some of your favorite places for smallies at this time of year? I'm trying to figure out where that picture was taken.

I did read that B-Day greeting Tommie. Thank you!

Steelheader, I don't fish a lot of smallies, but I enjoy taking friends out for them. I usually just fish Long Point Bay for them.

I'm happy to see this rain. It should help push a run of bows up into the local creeks. I had a great day for them a short while ago, but the creeks are in desprite need of water.

2271Rainbows_100104-med.jpg

On a down note, this weather is gonna make for a wet and wild weekend! I'm off the Quinte to try for a few big eyes. Looking at the forecast, it should be an adventure, but at least it's wallie weather! :lol:

Not sure what I've spammed...and if enjoying talking about fishing makes me childish...guilty.

I'm gonna try to make it down your way next week and try the grand. Do you have shinners in your minnow tanks? I've been able to locate suckers, chubs, but I'm having a heck of a timefinding good silver shinners.

Geez............

WTF hijacking my post,enough of this BS. I wasn't going to reply to your post Markus,BUT on the other board it states,that no posting of any buiseness that are not paying for advertisments on that board. Now you come in here and say it's ok!

Mentioning ppl by name is not a good thing,knowing you got off easy on this one.

Lets just talking fishing!!

Sorry about Hijacking your post LT. :lol: I got asked about smallies and it ballooned from there.

I too want to get back to the fish talk, but first want to clarify your comment.

Your inturpretaion of the rules is incorrect. Businesses are allowed to post, just not in a way that promotes their business. As far as people posting about busnesses, that's ok too as long as it's in general conversation and not obvious attempts to promote for that business or is in any way deflamatory towards that business.

I think steve runs a great shop and is a great angler. It's unfortunate the 2 of you have personally made me out to be a bad guy for enforcing the rules we all agreed to follow when you set up you user account.

I look forward to meeting Steve in the future so we can put a face to the names. I hate that our only conversations have been that of administrator and business owner. I'd like for the 2 fishermen to get to know each other.

Archived