First Fish On A Dry Fly

Dogman

Went out today on my lunch hour and through around a dry fly trying to catch a couple of carp that have been eluding me. Well I didn't get a carp but this little guy decided my fly looked tasty. Too bad he's a few days early. I estimate it at about 2-2.5lbs. It was a great fight on a 5wt in the current.

dryflyfirst.jpg

Guest live2fish85

Nice work Dogman.

I was out chasing Gar yesterday evening. After the tip from Cliff I decided to check my parents bay on Erie for Gar Pike. I had one on and lost it right infront of me and I had a 3 follows.

I did catch a smallie just like you lol.

We should get together sometime and target some smallies or carp. I have the perfect spot on Erie that holds plenty of Bass and Carp and best thing is they are never targeted in this area but are in large numbers.

Chris

Chris hit me up anytime! If I'm not working or watching the kids I'm always down for some fishing. I was out chasing a sneaky muskie today came right up to my feet just to snub me. It was awesome. Wind was bad though, right in my face and almost no room for a back cast.

Cliff, I can't wait I need some thing to entice these damn fish. :wall: Only two more weeks until I start embarrassing myself in the salt.

That sounds like an fun outing and its always nice to catch something of decent size on the fly. With the 5wt and a 2-3lb fish I have more fun fighting it then with my spin gear and a 5-10lb fish. Last time I went out to lake erie to teach my younger brother how to swing a fly there was no fish at all. I saw 2 bass dart away when walking in the water but I think the location I was at was too shallow. It was in ridgeay area.

I'm loving fly fishing. I was out today with my 5wt and I got a 3+lbs bass. I'll upload a pic when I get home from work.

Here it is

bass2t.jpg

bass1k.jpg

Archived