Carp Fishing With A Rock

mford

Hey Guys

I always find rocks with elastics on them in the pool.

I assume people are using them a weights for bottom fishing.

Is there a certain way to set this up so when the fish takes the bait the rock releases?

I tried search the web for instructions but i can't find any.

It sounds like a good way to save money and use a natural sinker.

They may be using something like this. These safety clips are available here.

Lead Clips, Fox Safety x10

$6.59

add2basket.png favourites.png

FXCAC266/7

t_fox_safety_lead_clips.jpg

ColorCamo Green Camo Brown

Modern carp fishing has seen fish getting bigger coupled with venues becoming weedier. The problems associated with landing big, hard fighting carp in weedy & snaggy environments are generally the result of the lead jamming & tethering the fish. Lead systems which allow the hooklink to pull free before the lead is ejected will leave the angler connected to the fish via a running line through the centre of the jammed lead or clip. This situation makes the hooked carp very hard to land & often results in the loss of the fish. Fox safety lead clips are designed to lock the hooklink swivel securely inside the clip body to create a safe and effective lead system that works as intended without modification. In the event of the end tackle locking up in weeds or snags, pressure from the hooked fish is focused directly onto the clip arm, forcing lead ejection & ensuring safe landing of the hooked carp. Pack of 10 clips, tail rubbers and swivels.

It is a great idea. You don't have to hawl all that lead up and down there and you don't leave lead on the bottom.

My guess would be they cast out, leave the bail open, set the rod down and put a pinch of line under the elastic. When the fish takes the bail the line pops out from the elastic and allows the fish to swim away without stealing the rod.

Archived