Fishing The Kawarthas

blue pilgrim

the rice paddies at gannon narrows hold some nice bass. head north from the rice paddies on pigeon and the small island adjacent to the boulder sticking out of the water is home to a ton of panfish. you will be pulling one off your hook every minute. excellent for kids. musky are ussually around the islands. walleye are harder to find, usually out in the middle hugging bottom. spinners, crankbaits, live minnows and worms all work well. i am going up in 3 weeks and can't wait to get a few muskies!

Thanks guys.

I grabbed some great pike flies from Cliff so I hope to get after them. Also, would love to have a go at pickeral and bass. I have the gear for almost anything that peaks our interest along the way so just looking for a point in the right direction.

I can't wait to hit the water.

Musky it is then, then pickeral, then bass, then............whatever.... I heard they are invasive is some areas like Shadow lake etc. Too bad for the Musky population...

Yup. They are all in the trent and knocking on the door of Rice lake. If you want pike and Musky, Balsam is your lake. It is infested with them now.

Archived