Best Recipe's...... Lets Hear Em!

The_Husky_Jerk

I love eating fish. In fact, if I was on death row, I would probably ask for some Lake Erie Walleye for my last meal. I know alot of the other members on here also induldge in their catch of the day, so I was wondering if we could start a thread to share some recipes!

Here is my all-time favourite trout recipe.

RAINBOW TROUT DIJON

6 rainbow trout fillets, skinless

Salt & pepper

1/4 c. butter, melted

1 c. sliced almonds

SAUCE:

1/2 c. sliced green onions plus 3 tbsp. for garnish

2 tbsp. butter

1/4 c. dry white wine

3 tbsp. Dijon mustard

1 c. sour cream

Season the trout with salt and pepper. Dip each in melted butter, place on a buttered baking pan. Crush sliced almonds to make small flakes. Sprinkle over trout fillets and press in. Bake at 325 degrees until the trout flakes with a fork (about 10 to 15 minutes).

While the trout bakes, make the sauce. Saute the green onions in butter in a small saucepan until they are translucent. Add wine and Dijon mustard and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat through but do not boil. Pour sauce over fillets. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve. Serves 6.

I fry jus about everything I catch, so my recipe is very simple, some flour, salt and pepper and fried in a pan with oil and butter.

very cool, i never actually eat the fish i catch.. always catch and release..I don't really like fish... Well recently on a trip to Manitulin i was fishin with the girlfriend each from our own kayak.. we each caught ourselves a decent size Walleye (pickrell) and decided to try them..

Now I just rapped them in tin foil with a spoonfull of butter bunch of garlic, salt and pepper, and threw them into the bbq for 5-10 min.. very simple, but my first time..

turned out great, tasted like fish.. she loved it.. but me... I think i'll keep eating chickens and cows :)

Rye Stuffed Coho:

1 shaker salmon, can also sub a rainbow. Keep gutted fish whole

Half a dozen slices rye bread

1 Orange

1 Lemon

1/2 cup melted butter, preferably clarified (ghee). Divide into equal 1/4 cup portions.

Cube up the rye bread slices and throw into a sauce pan on a low-med flame, stir until they just start to get toasted. Zest atleast half the orange, you want a nice pile that can cover the palm of your hand, throw the orange zest into the rye cubes. Stir in 1/4 cup of butter, you want to saturate all the bread cubes, throw in a little more butter if they are still too dry, but you don't want them soggy, let cool. Cram the rye stuffing into the fish, really pack it in there.

Juice the lemon and orange over the fish, brush on the last 1/4 cup butter. Bake or grill at 375 for 15 mins, 20mins if it's a 25"-30" fish.

Fireside Grilled Pike

Mess of pike fillets, can also use pickeral if you can't clean a pike :D

1 can tomato sauce

1 Onion

1 Lemon

Salt & pepper

Enough aluminum foil to make a double sided pouch foot long pouch. Around 3' per person.

Take 2' of foil and double it over to make a double layer bottom. Butter or oil the foil, and single layer the fish on. Layer on slices of lemons over the fish, then a layer of sliced onions. Salt & pepper to taste, then pour enough tomato sauce to cover the fish. Put the last 1' piece of foil over and seal up the edges with the bottom foil. Slide the foil fish pouch over a nice bed of coals, or on the bbq grill. Use a canoe paddle like a giant spatula for extra man points. When the foil tents up poke a hole or two to let out steam, grill for 15mins.

Good recipe for people that don't like to eat fish. :D

That Rye stuffed Coho sounds awesome.

Walleye: Take your fillets and dip in egg. Roll in flour and Crushed Barbecue chips. Fry with Butter and oil...awesome !!

Im not a big fish eater either....but the Rye Stuffed Coho sounds like something I might like to try.

I'm a big fan of that walleye recipe Dave ,I eggwash em again after flour and I usually make crappie like that. After chips are added let it stand for 5 b4 frying in peanut oil.

Pancake mix with beer ,mix it thin and add salt to counter the sweetness of the pancake mix

Awesome guys, keep em comin!

On another note... Has anyone used "Fish Crisp"? The breading you see at all the wal-marts and canadian tires in the fishing section?

I have a damn good batter recipe (sorry boys and girls, that ones a secret!) But i've never tried the fish crisp. I've been told recently that it is pretty good, especially the cajun flavour one. Any thoughts/input?

Boiled cubed potatoes, lots of milk or cream, butter, cubed walleye fillets, chopped green onion,salt,pepper and a little fresh dill. Makes a great soup! Chronzys stuff is pretty good too fried up in peanut oil.

Archived