lost muskie!

Guest IBC

I had some time to kill before work, figured Id hit a little spot on the upper niagara for some Muskie that I had luck with once before,

I looked out and saw ripples above a weed bed, casted in that direction and had a follow by a smaller muskie, kept casting and this smaller one was intent on following the spinner bait, wasnt opening its mouth just following and watching, it was kinda spooky cause at one point it looked to be watching me more than anything (was it eyeing up a way to get my hand into the water? I shall never know)

it decided to head for deeper waters when i switched colors again and it started following again, well it disappeared from sight and i felt a tug on my line, turns out there was a nice sized one hidden somewhere in the weedbed. If i had my net it wouldnt have been a problem, it was content swimming back and forth 5-10 feet from shore definately not a line screamer ... well i tried to land it by hand and a muskie's neck is much thicker than I initially though, that wasnt going to be possible unless one of the onlookers wanted to help. They were tourists and wanted no part of it. I tried to grab him a second time when my line went taunt, to my horror when I realised ... NO LEADER ... but thank god he spit the lure ...

that set me into a sour mood the rest of the day at work.

But it was a fun battle

I shall get him or his brother next time im out!

IBC

Archived