Carp And Guns

hammercarp

Hey Bruce

I fished this morning at Pier 8 and and caught a few. A friend Donato dropped by and said he might come back with another buddy Randy. I landed a few. They were all typical for Pier 8. Also on the Pier were Mike and Dawn,two out of towners that I have not seen them in a while. They fished about 100 yards from me. I was thinking of going over to chat with them when the rains came. I got my umbrella out and decided to stick it out for a while. I did get one more and got soaked in the process. Mike and Dawn had already left so I packed up my soggy behind and left too.

After getting into some dry clothes and eating some lunch I started to think about drying my gear out. The sunny weather had returned and I thought " I'll just go fishing again and my gear will dry out on the pier.

This time I went to the Haida . There were two other naval vessels there. One the HMCS Summerside is a minesweep and coastal defense vessel. She is the second Canadian warship with that name. The first HMCS Summerside was a Flower class Corvette subchaser with a great history. She took part in the Normandy invasion. There was a constant flow of visitors to the ships and I noticed some very pretty young women. The romance of the sea I guess?

I was sitting there when the thought occurred to me that I was surrounded by some real heavy weaponry. I took stock of what was there and here are some pictures.

HPIM1483600x447.jpg

HPIM1485600x447.jpg

HPIM1486600x439.jpg

And a not so big carp.

HPIM1490600x490.jpg

The wind was brisk and turned delightfully cool . What a welcome relief to the heat we have been having.

Archived