The Fish Scale Of Life!

Seanook

It seems as though I have fishing on the brain so much that it has creeped into my every non fishing related daily life. Recently I realised that I have been measuring everything in fish!

For example. My wife says to me after dinner tonight. "Since I've started my diet I've lost four pounds". Well what I heard was "Since I've started my diet I lost two smallies or one big one! or basically "wa wa wa wa 2-2lb small mouth Bass". lol. Actually it's beginning to scare me a little because it's not an exaguration. I am actually usuing fish as a measuring stick, scale and a proportionate model for just about everything. A buddy of mine and I were talking about his truck on the weekend and I naturally asked how much weight in sandbags he was gonna throw in er and "BLAM"! as soon as he started talking in technical terms I pictured him stacking Salmon in his flatbed. I do believe the Salmon run needs to start soon. for my sanity's sake.

I'll be honest. For quite a few years I fished 300 days a year (21) with a job and family and I missed a lot. But that's addictions when I hit 40 it slowed a lot and these days I get too busy to fish so enjoy life and watch for those addictions they will keep you from reality as well as family. Fish in moderation. :)

They have a few different camps up north that are aimed toward assiting nice folks such as yourself, only catch is you have to leave the wife at home! lol

Convincing the little lady that I need a fishing vacay when she can see minnows swimming in my eyeballs might be a little tough. I have deprived myself of any serious fishing lately mostly due to the heat, although I do sneak down to the Mill Pond near my home for some pannies here and there. Which might be part of the problem. I'm teasing myself mercilessly.

I just have the full blown "fish itch" lately. Even though I'm spending a ton of time at home with the fam (wife and three kids), It's always in the back of my mind. On top of all of this, I'm on a boat search also. Need a winter project and this year I intend to buy one that needs some tlc. So....yeah, I have a lot on my plate and very little time for myself. As soon as the Salmon run starts I will probably get a little of it out of my system.

I guess the Jamisons Fish Oil just ain't cuttin' it!

Hmmm ...somebody say Jamison's? I used to take a "Medicine" bottle full, with me on cold days, for "Medicinal purposes" .Poor circulation you know...

Hmmm ...somebody say Jamison's? I used to take a "Medicine" bottle full, with me on cold days, for "Medicinal purposes" .Poor circulation you know...

Ya I have the same "Irish" poor circulation problem. Doubt anyone is getting their Omega 3 daily intake that way though.

Oh no, a bottle of Jameson's on the river bank = two wet shoes and a lot of over exagerated unnessesary hook sets !

Indeed. It ain't hard to find the sauced angler on the banks. Usually shirtles and cursing with a big mud streak from his rear end to the back of his neck. At least I hope it's a mud streak!.....Sometimes quite entertaining. Sometimes annoying. Got no problem with a "wee swiggins" on a cold day though or a cold one on the banks after a good days fishin. Everything in moderation.

Archived