Lake Erie Pearch

midas69er

Hello All,

Any idea if and when the Pearch are biting? I know last year it was pretty close to now I kept hearing about the lake erie pearch biting at 60 FOW off point Abino, wanted to bring the kids out tonight cause it seems real calm out there, but its a lon way to go if its not the right time.

Thanks,

Kevin

where about in the River? and FOW? and Minnows?

I have a little bit of trouble in the river with my kids, by the time I get them rigged up I have to reposistion the boat, cause man that thing flows fast!!

Also I have had some luck in the River lately but not even close in size to what we pulled from the Middle of the lake last year!

True, if you want 14+ inchers you'd probably have to head out to the middle of the lake, but you can make a pretty fine meal out of 10-12 inchers. I've been thinking about getting a boat, mind you the only thing that stops me is that it drives the price of getting fish waaay up ..

Thanks! It was too rough to go out into the lake last night for my little craft sowe drove in front of waverly and drfted to the fort and back agian, caught one walleye, one bass and two sheephead, man I wish there was a sheephead tourney for big bucks, id b rich, got more of them this year than ever! And big ones at that!

All and all a fun night with my kids! I will go get those pearch soon!

BTW used a worm harness and was drifting just under 2 mph went from 20 fow to 35 then back to 20

Was out Saturday off PC in 65fow, was marking lots but only managed a few jumbos.

Got real windy & was hard to stay in any one place for long. Seemed most the boats were out further after walleye.

Erie Tr. had lots of minnows in stock, smalll though.

Managed to get enough for the first perch dinner in a long time!

Archived