Can I Fish Here?

Bryan

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=bertie+bay+fort+erie&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Just wondering if anyone knows if these Beaches in Bertie Bay are open to the public?

I dont own a boat but I am planing on doing some shore fishing from the small land outlet that extenze out onto Lake Erie.. it is to the left of the Map of Bertie Bay..

Does anyone know if you can acces this place or will i be chased away from Local land owners?

It looks like a good spot to fish and it also looks like it sits right beside a drop off.. Anyone ever fished around there before from shore? if so... what should i target this time of year?

Thanks..

There is public access from Stonemill, Rosehill and Windmill. Chances are no one will bother you. Just knock on a door and ask permission...it isn't Texas, no one will shoot, first ask later! :)

Bring waders. Super shallow and it extends a long way out. Ice piles up high in winter. This is a bass sanctuary in spring/summer. Make sure you ask permission to go out on that pier because the duck hunters have a blind there and hunt regularly. Top water or shallow diving baits are your best bet. I fish here regularly in a kayak.

Archived