Grimsby Pier

Guest GrimsbyAl

Guest GrimsbyAl

Stop by the pier last nite around 4:30pm lots of fish splashing around, hooked into a small salmon after about 5 mins of being there. Let him go, and went home myself. The 10 min fishing trip.

is the grimsby peir a busy one? i was told about in the summer but the directions I got were jsut downright brutal and I didnt make it out, settled for charles daily

would it be worth the drive from st kitts? I tend to hate port dalhousie if it gets too busy

IBC

Guest GrimsbyAl

It can be hit or miss, the water is shallow and clear. It only gets really busy when people start hooking up and they tell everyone, like myself. E-mail me and I'll send you directions and the spoon of choice..

Alan

Guest Huey Graphite
It can be hit or miss, the water is shallow and clear. It only gets really busy when people start hooking up and they tell everyone, like myself. E-mail me and I'll send you directions and the spoon of choice..

Alan

1355[/snapback]

Hey Al,

I recently bought a home in Lakepointe which is right next to 50 point conservation area. I move in at the end of November and look forward to getting out fishing more often. Usually I head down to the whirlpool or queenston launch in the fall but if my time is limited as it often is, it's not worth the 45 minute drive each way. It will be nice to have a spot within walking distance. I haven't fished the pier yet. Any advice you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming the pier is at the entrance to marina.

Thanks in advance.

Whats the water level and clarity like in the creek?

Any fish in there yet?

1359[/snapback]

Tommy,

As of last Saturday the water level in the creek was very low and the water colour was pretty darn dark. I stood at the boat launch and casted from there because there wasn't enough water up stream to do anything.

Steve

Guest GrimsbyAl

From the looks of things there are fish holding out front of the creek. Once we get a good rain you will see the creek full of them. I live 5 min away and have seen the same thing happen every year for 4 years, it's just a little late because we have had no rain.

Huey, I keep my boat down at Forans, If your ever in need if a partner or you need to get out, give me a buzz.

Grimsby Al. Raised the question about the pier on another board not too long ago. Was there for a looksee, creek was terrible looking. Sort of got waved off and directed to the other hot spots. Will still keep it in mind to hit once in awhile. Later, Gord

Archived