Rock Point Caprin...?

ontariocarper

Has anyone fishing carp at Rock point while camping. We want to go for 4 days in Spring and I have a few questions: At the campsites can I leave my stuff out and setup? OR Do I have to set up at the water and pack up every time I have to go back to the campsite? and most importantly how is the carp fishing there?

Daniel

Daniel, shawn here..........Rock Point is packed with fish. The only thing you have to consider is the die off. It will really effect next seasons fishing. Rock Point is literally within eyesight of the place that I did two spring sessions last year at..........There are videos on my channel.......I fished with Mark. Now the only thing I would really be concerned with is getting a spot right on the waters edge. So if reserve ask them if you find your spot not suitable, can you change without forfitting your reservation. Some places will keep the 40 bucks and make you pay for a newspot...........bogus at best IMO.

As for the fishing, I know several guys go there to fly fish it at its a flats area.......... I personally have had two sessions that both produced 30+ fish and several 20+s ............its definately something to consider. but if it sucks I would sum it up to the die off.

When I fished right around the corner from there........I spodded a lot of boilies out.......I mean A LOT. Then I waited, and waited........but once the fish get on the spot...........theres no stopping them.

Goodluck buddy,

Archived