New Rod No Reel. Cheap Used Suggestions?

Seanook

Last night a buddy of mine traded me a 12'6" Raven Matrix Float rod for Two boxes of DVD's I had on Kijiji and about $70 bucks (my general estimate) worth of copper and aluminum. Looked online and figured I was getting a good deal. Not quite as long as I wanted but I ain't complaining.

Rod had no reel. Anyone ever used this rod and have any idea which reel balances well on it. Gonna try and pick up a relatively cheap used one and wanna know what to look for.

Get a kingpin R2. Lol.....just had to throw that in.

Lmao....No!

I wouldn't turn one down but something tells me I wouldn't even get a broken one for less than $200.

The Okuma Aventa 1000 model only has bushing, not bearings, Peters tackle at St catherines sells them for $100 as well, will work at NIagara and port D, but not on other slow moving current on smaller creeks. Grab the Rapala pin instead for $120+ tax at Sail. it spins quite well.

I got a New Okuma Aventa1002. It is mint condition I have had it for less then a month. PM me if your interested.

There's a good offer........be carefull though...he might be wanting to suck you in to coming and picking it up at a dimestore price, then taking you out in a dark alley to hash out your differances....LOL :slap:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived