Here's A Few New Ones

Craiger

Hey guys how's it going? Here's a few more that i've been playing around with on the vise. Getting out a few times later this week so lets hope I can finish this year with a big bang of a tug on these...:). Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everyone!!

cheers

8305604384_5a37108edf_h.jpg

8304554567_1886a60220_h.jpg

8305601552_73480e946a_h.jpg

8304551593_299bea72f3_h.jpg

8305598298_a1f1d61ba6_h.jpg

Almost all flash intruder

8305596640_42c5a683f4_h.jpg

8305592564_4feebafec9_h.jpg

Heres an emerald shiner intruder i spun together yesterday....coming to the niagara soon with this one...:)

8304542179_5dfcdb120c_z.jpg

8304538293_1e17b36483_z.jpg

Really nice work there Craiger....is that dumbell weights on the nose? Do you think you could post a few pictures of each step you use to tye those and what all material you use? Like 4-5 pictures from start to finish? They look great. That last one really shows the effect when its wet. nice stuff

Some more for the Chrome eh?

Nice work!

and thanks for showing the WET ONE .... as mentioned, they really do "mold down" and look like an excellent minnow immitation.

Best for the holidays and New Year.

Thanks for the postings

• 3 weeks later...

With all the options for colors - what do you prefer?

I usually like the more drab olives/blacks/browns and it seems the west coast are the more vibrant patterns.

Just curious what others feel about the Great Lakes fishery preferred colors?

I see guys using and recommending naturals...

I see guys using and recommending the Brights...

Honestly ... think it`s more `personal` opinion, luck and confidence.

Hit a homer one day, Skunk out the next lol

______

Conditions would probably be the main factor (if there REALLY is one...)

Clear: Natural

Murky: Bright

Course I`ve seen that `Theory`go sideways more than once....

As long as you got your LINE in the WATER, you got a FIGHTING CHANCE!

Anyway, some FRIGGIN AWESOME FLIES being shown off here

KUDO`s ... I`m hungry, so the fish MUST BE!

I see guys using and recommending naturals...

I see guys using and recommending the Brights...

Honestly ... think it`s more `personal` opinion, luck and confidence.

Some naturals cannot be topped. Polar bear is one of the most amazing natural fibres out there and there are no synthetics that match it. Deer, elk, caribou or moose for muddlers likewise have no equal. And there's nothing wrong with adding a bit of Krystal Flash or Polar Ice to a natural pattern either!

I have been getting them on all sorts of colours this year. Finding that it's more the confidence and the presentation that matters most. I have been in low gin clear water on the Grand with not even a bump on a natural colour. Then switch to a big bright pink intruder and boom, fish on for me and my buddy following me. Olives, browns and blacks are killer though. Most of my luck on the Niagara has been on white when there's good vis and bright pink when dirty. As for the flash, I think it all depends on how you fish it. If you are swinging the fly low and slow, I like just a little bit of flash. If I am swinging fast and stripping it in as well I tend to like them more flashy. I look at it like fishing a spinner or spoon in that sense. A good buddy of mine fishes a fly that is big, bulky, loaded with flash, bright red schlappen collar and big dumbell eyes. Its a prom dress variant that he came up with. I was following him when he was fishing that thing with fast 6-8" strips while on the swing and the steelies were crushing that fly!! That changed my opinion on flash right away.

Archived