Road Down To Queenston Launch

bob

trying to launch and drive up the Queenston boat launch road right now with no 4 wheel drive is a bad idea...

Havent been there yet since the snow but I've seen lots of people launch their vehicle with the boat and not be able to get up the hill after snowfalls like that.

trying to launch and drive up the Queenston boat launch road right now with no 4 wheel drive is a bad idea...

Havent been there yet since the snow but I've seen lots of people launch their vehicle with the boat and not be able to get up the hill after snowfalls like that.

YA..........pretty much what durkin said, snow= slippery and crap, before you make the launch a good idea is to at least walk the road right now, but ya my feeling is pooched unless some good dude ran the plow down there

Aaron and I hit it yesterday. If you do attempt it you Need 4X4 , a Shovel, Salt & an Ice Scrapper. We needed 4X4 Low and Salt to get out.

If you have CAA you will wait at least 2 hrs for a tow truck (upsetting guys that want to launch)

If you don't have CAA expect to be Gouged by who ever tows you out.

Unless you have a US Lic I would wait a week or so until the water temps drop and the Canadian side heats up.

Just glad to be part of the forum and of course no prob. I was hoping to have a couple fish in the picture, but that takes catching them and only other people on my boat do that.

What is that sign on the rocks ? Haven't been down in a few weeks

Jeff the sign on the rocks is from OPG. It warns about the dangerous waters around the hydro plants...

5cm of snow and nasty sw/w winds slated for the near future, the ramp may be ok but water clarity is going to suck if and when the weather comes in. The ramp is only predictable right now on a day to day basis, I'm not going to say no-way or would I say it's good to go. If you fish Queenston from a boat in the winter a 4-wheel drive & sand is a must have, if you don't have this put the boat to sleep

Archived