Whos Going Hunting Tomrw (Saturday Jan 5Th)

pike007

Me and my buddy the beagle will be trying our luck , in a bush i recently got permission to hunt in Niagara falls. Lemon rd area off montrose. Its about 40 acres with great cover and very hilly and as alot of marshes running in the middle of it. Prime bunny land. Just cleaned the the sxs and cant wait to use it.

I'm going out this afternoon to see if I can get one. Was out last weekend and saw lots of tracks in the snow but had no luck. The first time I went hunting for rabbit, I got one so I thought it was easy. Now two outings later, I've gone home empty handed. I can see how a good dog would increase the odds but I'm not ready for that kind of commitment yet.

I would say it was a bad shooting day for me, little rusty :wall: I was out from 730-9 , had the dog out running em , he circled 1 in first 20 min , i took 2 bangs at her, and missed both shots. Its tough when your shooting into thickets. He was on to another one but into the tall marsh grass he went dog went in came out with nothing lost the scent. Il try next week , snow drifts kinda kept me shy from exploring alittle further into the property , I kept to the outskirts mostly , tons of rabbit poop and a ton of tracks , lots of coyote tracks aswell.

No rabbit stew today, shame on me :slap:

Archived