Just Seen A Ad On Kijiji

jessek

Without seeing the ad, it's more than likely a two-hander NRX spey rod...they retail for about $1050USD.

They claim the new "nano" resin they used is lighter and stronger.

I tested the NRX and it is definitely the lightest rod I've ever used...didn't hook into anything to see what the action was like but that's the fishers fault and not the rod ;)

The only other G Loomis rod that would go for that price is a prototype that I know the owner has not posted on Kijiji.

If you have money for a GL3 blank you may as well go with a CTS, Way better.

My Rainshadow is nice but nothing to a CTS, my next will be a CTS.

Ding, ding, ding!! I agree with you 100% however I believe you should choose a rod that fits your personal preferences, fishing style and the rivers/waters you fish.

Based on my personal preferences, I like a fast action rod that is light weight and has power throughout the blank without sacrificing feel and the CTS has it all. However this is not a rod for you if you want to use 4lbs fluorocarbon leaders...stick with an IM6 blank if you're going to do that.

I've had the GLX, GL3 and GL2 and as soon as I had the CTS blank in my hand I sold all my Loomis rods and built CTS rods to replace the Loomis rods.

As for warranty, I believe Loomis has changed their lifetime warranty to a limited lifetime warranty meaning they will determine which broken or defective rods will be replaced under this new warranty policy. I also believe they raised the warranty replacement charge to around $100 (when I got my GLX replaced 4 years ago it was $75) to replace your broken/defective rod with a current version. For IMX, GL3 and GL2 blanks, I believe the replacement rod is the STFR 1601...not the GLX...but I may be wrong as it has been a while since I dealt with Loomis.

You will need to get the replacement rod shipped from Peterborough, ON. As for the CTS, you should be able to drive to Caledonia, ON and get the replacement right there...I don't believe John asks for a replacement fee either (may be a beer ;) ).

Ding, ding, ding!! I agree with you 100% however I believe you should choose a rod that fits your personal preferences, fishing style and the rivers/waters you fish.

Based on my personal preferences, I like a fast action rod that is light weight and has power throughout the blank without sacrificing feel and the CTS has it all. However this is not a rod for you if you want to use 4lbs fluorocarbon leaders...stick with an IM6 blank if you're going to do that.

I've had the GLX, GL3 and GL2 and as soon as I had the CTS blank in my hand I sold all my Loomis rods and built CTS rods to replace the Loomis rods.

As for warranty, I believe Loomis has changed their lifetime warranty to a limited lifetime warranty meaning they will determine which broken or defective rods will be replaced under this new warranty policy. I also believe they raised the warranty replacement charge to around $100 (when I got my GLX replaced 4 years ago it was $75) to replace your broken/defective rod with a current version. For IMX, GL3 and GL2 blanks, I believe the replacement rod is the STFR 1601...not the GLX...but I may be wrong as it has been a while since I dealt with Loomis.

You will need to get the replacement rod shipped from Peterborough, ON. As for the CTS, you should be able to drive to Caledonia, ON and get the replacement right there...I don't believe John asks for a replacement fee either (may be a beer ;) ).

Yep, G.Loomis will give one rod that is broken no questions asked after that they will determine if it was broke while fishing and not in the door or something. They call it like a Wild Card or something lol. That is what happens with the shop at least.

There are different CTS blanks as well, I agree you want to have the right setup for the right presentation and water.

Yea I have heard great things about John, sounds like a great guy. I know his reel seats are amazing.

Archived