Catfishin' 6-10-05

Tim Bromund

Well, the annual June channel cat run has started in Cattaraugus Creek, so we decided to take a run out last night to see what we could do. A little slowe than expected but we still managed to pick up 2 nice cats in the 4-5 lb range. One on a dead smelt and one on a night crawler.

every June the lower Cattaraugus gets a nice run of spawning channel cats, averaging 5 lbs or so but plenty of fish every year up to and even bigger than 20 lbs.

here they are.

062293.JPG

Tim

Guest Big Bass Rich

mmmmm.. Sleded just smoked me up a bunch of cats we caught this spring. Great tasting fish for sure! Terribly underrated.

Tim

Where you above or below the 5/20 bridge?

Are you fishing the southtowns this year?  Sounds like they may be catching a few  B)

20565[/snapback]

denis,

we were at the Town of Hanover Launch Ramp just up the channel from the launch ramps.

Nope not fishing the walleye tourny, got the boat all tore apart for the annual scrub down and wax. The next time I'll be in a boat will be the Darlington Scotty, fishing with my same team from the Dalhousie Scotty on Pete's boat.

Tim

Guest Jeetmuck

Nice cats. I really like em with the Texan style cajun spice cooked on the bbq with a dash of cherry wood for smoke. Awesome tasting.

Archived