Queenston to the Bar

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Arrived at the Queenston launch @ 08:00 to find the place empty not a boat or a shorefishermen. Launched my boat and as I was getting ready to leave Fullofgas pulled in.

I headed to the mouth of the Niagara dropped one rigger down was setting up the other when the rod released. I set the hook hard,got to love that no streach line.

She was a beaut.

Niagara1014Sheephead.jpg

SheepheadNiagara1014b.jpg

I trolled out about 3 miles then I motored back in to the mouth. I put my small planner board out. I didn't go far when my board started to run back and sideways to the boat. I lifted the rod and what ever it was,was gone. :dunno:

I did see 2 fish jump one at the mouth the other at the green can.

Called her a short day at 011:00. There was a few other American boats out on the river then they were on the Bar,looks like they were looking for fish.

Rob how did you do??

Nice Sheppy Brian ...whats next on that willams Carp Lol .they say for every day u fish u will live anther year .Guess u will live for ever ...keep up the reports this niagara board is where its at .

1373[/snapback]

Wife told me last summer that 2 days fishing aweek was enough. OK 24 hrs. in a day x2 =48 hrs aweek available fishing time :dunno:

She walked away shaking her head ;)

nothing from shore today  just rain  will be trying all weekend thay got to be in soon the water is cooling down..

1372[/snapback]

The water temp. this AM was 61.+something, I forget,getting old.

gettn old you  its not possable brian  your already old....    :lol:;)

1389[/snapback]

Ok next time ........................

Archived