Pike Rod

schnipster

i am in the market for a rod committed to pike--that said i use a loop 12 ft 6' 8 weight yellow line for steelhead and salmon fishing--can i use this for pike---i see alot of pike rods are 9-10 feet--is the 12 gonna work? if not i can purchase one however if i dont need to then i can focus on a new 2 wt...which is on my bucket list--let me know what you guys think--i know the rod will handle the pike just not sure about the length...thanks for your input in advance

I plan on using mine for pike...11.6ft 8 weight. But like you say...if room permits it. Im pumped and ready for swingin....probably spend the better part learning to cast properly and what works...lol. Ihave speed river near my house....great for wading and lots of pike in there...plus i dont have to make a fool of myself learning in a crowd...lol. If you ever want company...and can tolerate my lack of experience pm me.

that would be awesome---i am mostly going to focus on the small rivers for trout with my 6wt--do some panfish and bass fishing with my 4 wt--but the 8 wt 12 footer is gonna be alot of fun to grab a few pike or maybe even musky--you are in cambridge correct?

that would be awesome---i am mostly going to focus on the small rivers for trout with my 6wt--do some panfish and bass fishing with my 4 wt--but the 8 wt 12 footer is gonna be alot of fun to grab a few pike or maybe even musky--you are in cambridge correct?

Yep....some people call it Lambridge....lol.I have lots to learn with the fly rod....but it wont take long im sure.

Archived