Quinte Report

Seanook

This was the last weekend of ice fishing for most organized commercial huts on Quinte and probably good timing. The ice was about 6-8" and during the mid day the melting was apparrent. Most of the folks operating atv's, sleds and argo's were doing so with obvious caution.

Fishing was slow all around. Only two eyes caught all day within our group of huts although there was plenty of Jumbo Perch and Herring/Whitefish being caught.

Some of our group moved on over to Simcoe afterwards and the reports I got from that venture was there were lots of Perch still being caught with no indication of huts being pulled off the ice in the next week or so.

All in all, it has been a very productive ice season and various reports out of places like Nippissing and other more Northernly Walleye hotspots is that despite early season predictions of the possibillity of it being a slow season, it was in fact quite the opposite.

Thanks for the report. Never fished before for Quinte eyes, but if I did I think I would try the Telegraph Narrows area in around Deseronto. I dont know of any operators there, but Im sure there has to be...

Archived