Another Salmon Season Is Coming Soon!

The_Fish_Dawg

Another exciting season is coming up and there's lots to look forward to once Mother Nature gives us the green light!

if you read the recent NewYorks Lake Ontario 2012 Fisheries Program Hilights http://www.dec.ny.go...012hilights.pdf

there are certainly many positives to be found for the "state of the lake"

there's no doubt that various pen imprinting stocking projects, as well as habitat restoration work being done by many groups around the lake are contributing to our fantastic fishery

many of these groups & clubs also hold various tournaments & derbies to support & celebrate these ventures:

St Catharines Game & Fish Assc.

Strait Line Anglers Club

Port Credit Salmon & Trout Assc.

Metro East Anglers

Central Lake Ontario Sportsmen's Assc.

I'll encourage you to look up a group that is near you and perhaps you may want to participate with them...

have a fun, safe & successful season out on the big pond everyone!

SA400621-1.jpg

LOL...yeh, thought you were talkin the Chinney run..was gonna say it jst ended...lol .but yes, some nice springs to be had out on the bar for a couple months for sure.

http://www.xmasclock.com/

Just got a Little boat and cant wait to hit the salmon from the lake early season. Heres a couple pics from last season..

This one was I didnt think this one was gonna survive It faught like a whale. Ran on me 5 times and took about 15 minutes to bring in on 50lb braid.

Fortunately He was recesitated very well and was cleaned up and safely returned to the lake.

405798532.jpg

405798530.jpg

early??? I was reffering to the world class spring trolling that we have at our doorstep

first shoreline then the Bar - favorite time of year is right now

Just got a Little boat and cant wait to hit the salmon from the lake early season. Heres a couple pics from last season..

This one was I didnt think this one was gonna survive It faught like a whale. Ran on me 5 times and took about 15 minutes to bring in on 50lb braid.

Fortunately He was recesitated very well and was cleaned up and safely returned to the lake.

405798532.jpg

405798530.jpg

Nice pic! - nice fish! - might be considered an assault weapon in NY - be careful

405798532.jpg

405798530.jpg

Nice pictures mate. Was that from the pier

Archived