Crystal Beach / Port Colborne

JayClay

crystal had a ice cap on the launch pad a day ago.The warm weather & boat traffic will have it going this weekend forsure.Let us know if you find em biting!

I went out today had hard time finding them, started at red marker 50fow, nothing, then headed a little sw to 62-65fow still nothing

then hit another waypoint at 72 fow and was marking but just not bitting, finally around 11am they started bitting but very lite bite

ended up with a dozen between 10-13" had enough for a good friday dinner. But still a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.

I went out today had hard time finding them, started at red marker 50fow, nothing, then headed a little sw to 62-65fow still nothing

then hit another waypoint at 72 fow and was marking but just not bitting, finally around 11am they started bitting but very lite bite

ended up with a dozen between 10-13" had enough for a good friday dinner. But still a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.

Good job finding a few,Sucks to clean 50 perch anyway,LOL.

Good job finding a few,Sucks to clean 50 perch anyway,LOL.

50 perch is a piece of cake, if you get yourself the rapala electric fillet knife....my best weapon in my box, amazing time saver.

50 perch is a piece of cake, if you get yourself the rapala electric fillet knife....my best weapon in my box, amazing time saver.

I have one of those that i was gonna sell...but maybe i will keep it....how do you clean perch with it......do you just take the sides of and take the ribs out after??

I have one of those that i was gonna sell...but maybe i will keep it....how do you clean perch with it......do you just take the sides of and take the ribs out after??

Simple cut down just back of the gill then turn 90 and staight to the tail....stop short of the tail and flip the fillet skin side down. Then push down against the skin and run the knife through. Same on the opposite side. I use the electric for everything...so fast. I take the rib out with it as well. Hold the fillet with a fork de-rib it like you would with a regular fillet knife. I stick a fork in the head to make it super fast, and never get my hands scummed up at all....30 secs done.

Archived