Float Tube.

iHasFish

Anyone every try using a float tube and fins before? I'm really thinking of getting one. It seems so much easier than having to load up my kayak for a couple hours fishing on local waterways. it's definitely much less hassle than trying to fly cast while sitting in a kayak as well. They don't seem to cost much either. I'm just worried about how much they'd blow around in the wind and the difficulty of maneuvering them around with just the fins.

Thanks.

I've used a tube before. It takes some practice, and its important to know where everything in your vest is before you wade in, because its not the most ergonomically friendly environment. Wind can be an issue if it kicks up, but then its time to get out of the water anyway, because the wave action will make things tough. A gentle wind isn't an issue because you're low in the water and most of your mass is under the surface. Tubes are just the thing for sheltered water though!

As for maneuvering, just get used to going backwards: you'll pick it up quickly. It is a good workout too: It really exercises your lower body.

I boat fish all winter on the lower and love it, but I can`t wait to use my kick boat on the smaller lakes.Its amazing how much water you cover and it also forces you to fish slower. I like shallow fishing best The fish don`t get spooked its like they don`t see you .I have had my kick boat about 12yrs as I get older its becoming more work (Good thing I give up smoking) Im sticking with it

Archived