Upper Niagara

Guest dannyboy

Guest dannyboy

Where is a good access area to the upper Niagara for fishing?

I'd like to take the family fishing this weekend. We do some casting and still fishing.

Thanks

Dan

Go by the Railway bridge at the foot of Jarvis St in Fort Erie. The upstream end has a backwash and just down stream 100 ft is the coal docks and then the horseshoe 100 ft down from that. All are good spots for the family. Try minnows and spinners. If you want gobies, bring worms and you're guaranteed plenty of nibbles. Also there is a spot in Chippiwa. There is a walking bridge you can fish under and it is very deep there. I have heard of everything being caught there. It's kind of a dangerous spot for little ones though.

MikeyB

I've had limited success there myself tossing baits there. Only tubes or twisters twitching around the bottom have produced anything at all and nothing serious. I've had luck though on Huskyjerks and tiny black twisters on the downstream side of the horseshoe. There are however a couple of husky jerks stuck on a sunken car about 100 ft out 2/3rds of the way down the horshoe. Keep the rod tip up high while retrieving there. I should get my diving buddy to go for a look. There's probably quite a bit of tackle there.

Archived