Pop Up Camper?

ChefMick

Hey all, my wife and I are looking into getting a used popup camper, which we have no previous experience with, could somone suggest what/what not to look for.

thanks

Mick

P.s we have two children.

Aside from the obvious, tires, lights, bearings, brakes, etc, Mine was a 15 footer with a surge brake on it, and by packing it to balance it properly, I towed it with a 4 cyl. Plymouth Horizon ...lol

Save yourself ALOT of aggravation, and try to get one with a spring assisted mechanism. My buddy had one that was crank and cable. He tried to lower the top in a torrential rain storm to throw a tarp over it, and forgot to take out the door frame first. He had to work on it for the rest of the weekend just to be able to close it, because the cables got so tangled up. It never was quite right after that ... I had the spring assisted one, and loved it. And yes, mould anywhere is a bad thing. Look for signs of leaking too. It may look alright, but if it has been leaking, it will rot out in places you never knew existed ...

I also had a 10X15 canvas add a room, and that was brilliant with smaller kids

I have a small one 92 I think. No mold is key don't worry about a few small tears in canvas in corners where it goes over pullouts home hardware sells the canvas repair

Kits and they work great. Got my camper for $700 and ill never sleep on ground again unless I have boat and am unable to tow it

Archived