Different / New Techniques.

heavy cover

This year I plan on trying carolina rigging with big creatures and lizards . I read an article about the technique for monster pike. Never done this before, so, I'm excited to try it out. I also would like to try flipping without pegging the weight in place. I have always used a flipping jig, or used a bobber stop or toothpick to lock the weight in position. Flipping heavy cover is one of my most successful pike techniques , but I have noticed most pros leave the weight free. So ....

Anyone else plan on trying something new, or altering a tried and true technique?

Also thoughts on the carolina rig; buy it or rigged, or make your own ?

This year I plan on trying carolina rigging with big creatures and lizards . I read an article about the technique for monster pike. Never done this before, so, I'm excited to try it out. I also would like to try flipping without pegging the weight in place. I have always used a flipping jig, or used a bobber stop or toothpick to lock the weight in position. Flipping heavy cover is one of my most successful pike techniques , but I have noticed most pros leave the weight free. So ....

Anyone else plan on trying something new, or altering a tried and true technique?

Also thoughts on the carolina rig; buy it or rigged, or make your own ?

i usually leave weight free and put a couple beads between hook and weight for sound.

I usually tie my own. Offset hook, 12 - 18" of leader material, barrel swivel, bead, bullet weight... I will save a little time tying the hooks to the swivels ahead of time. Tying your own rigs is easy and cheaper in the long run IMO...

I usually tie my own. Offset hook, 12 - 18" of leader material, barrel swivel, bead, bullet weight... I will save a little time tying the hooks to the swivels ahead of time. Tying your own rigs is easy and cheaper in the long run IMO...

Thanks, I'm gonna tie a couple up. You're right about being creaper, The strike king carolina rig 1oz. Goes for $5 . I could use tungsten weights for that price.

Archived