Today's Report

Netmaniskey

Well today was an adventure me and a friend headed out in search of upstream trout on the fly. We headed to a local creek and off we went exploring. First trying the south side of the creek as far as we could go then taking a short break. While rethinking our plan of attack a gentleman got a nice steelhead under the bridge. Now we are very excited at our chances. So we head to the north watching, hopping, stopping at every spot we see. Well my friend jumps into one spot that looks good, well 2 steps and down he went managed to pop up and get out before he got too wet. Surprisingly he was unhindered and on we went. Another two hours and we still can't get a bite so we decided to move. So now hungry and a little discouraged we head to Paris to try our hand by the dam. We cook up some sausage on the tailgate and off we go. Lots of bass around but can't find the trout This is where I start to get annoyed as I look to the shore by the fish way and watch 5 people sitting there catching and releasing bass after bass. We then decide to leave and while hanging by the truck ungearing I look up at all the new mnr signs around and decided to make the call. All in all a good day and lots of exploring done. Just gotta keep my spirits up and keep learning and ill get em!!! Cheers to the opener

Trout opener can be tough. Cold water, lazy fish, and bazillions of weekend warriors out for the only few days of trout fishing they do all year. Go for the scenery, any fish are an unexpected bonus. When in doubt, pitch a nymph under a bobber. Grats on calling the MNR, we need to stand up for our resources or there won't be anything left.

Cheers ice hut. I'm realizing after my

First call to the mnr and how nice it

Was to speak to them when I met them

Twice on the ice this year, that I should've been calling long ago when I've seen people blatantly disrespecting the fisheries and the

Laws. I try to do my best 90% of the

Time practicing responsible catch and release.

Archived