Tried Carp Fishin This Morning

larry b

After a failed but useful attempt for crappie yesterday I opted for carp today. Yesterday it seemed I was hitting carp in the head every cast so I figured when in Rome. Brought a can of corn with this morning and added a bunch of garlic powder for some extra scent,sat in the muskoka chair I brought with n waited.pretty relaxing lol. After about an hour I got a good hit, set the hook n game on. Played tug of war with it till it grudgingly let me net it lol. Guess weight about 15lbs, lots of fun before watchin the under 18s gold medal game.

Sounds like a good moring! I got one today as well, Ieft the net in the car, so it got off just as I tried I treid to bank it, but I got a good look at it - must've been 8-10lbs.

Pretty tricky to land without a net for sure, turns out it's tricky to remove the hook when the pliers aren't where you thought they were too lol

One fall day after a morning squirrel hunt I stopped at my favorite spot in Port Robinson to see what was there. I saw two fish finning in the current and since I had a rod in the , it is amazing how much fun you can have with a few kernels of corn.

Archived