Georgian Journey.

Seanook

Friends of mine invited us up to their farm for the weekend. They owned a separate piece of land from their farm directly on the Bighead River which they let us pitch our tents on. Quite a treat as there is no access along this stretch to the masses unless you know someone.

Saturday we spent most of the day on the farm talking big game hunting, eating Venison and Wild Turkey. There was also over 100 acres of land to explore, so we were pretty dog tired and stuffed. I came down with a pretty brutal head cold :wall: . That night and morning were a little rough to say the least. Temps dropped to just a few degrees above freezing. I was frosted.

Sunday morning we woke up at 6 am and began fishing on their land. Tried really hard to keep a brave face on in spite of feeling like death. We managed two small Rainbows and a Brookie. At about 10 am we moved on to a larger section and managed quite a few fish. There was a tonne of cover for the fish to shake and brake our lines. Landing was very tricky and these fish had energy. Much more than I was used to from our area.

All in all......a very successful trip.

burgessgreen.jpg

littlehen.png

Love the colours on this one.

935598_10151586806820859_143144826_n.jpg

BurgessCreek.jpg

bg2.jpg

Doesn't even look like me. Was so sick. I was actually blowing my nose and giving my face a splash when this one hit.

yummy.jpg

Felt like death......Looked like death.......Didn't care. Fish on! Cure for the common cold.

400579_10151586806600859_553090598_n.jpg

The little ones were caught in abundance.

390744_10151586807285859_1526092021_n.jp

finallygotapinkworm.jpg

I just had to photo-bomb. He had no idea until looking at the photo later. LMAO.

fishbomb.jpg

First little dinker of the day.

pidler1.jpg

hilltop.jpg

I hate coming back to the City!

burgessview.jpg

Nice report Sean....too bad you had to come down sick. Looks like a goodtime for sure and maybe you can go back when your not so under the weather. Least you got fish...

Sick, sunburnt, sleep deprived and a swollen face. Once the fish were on I didn't have a care in the world. At one point I thought they were gonna have to leave me on the banks.

I am definitely going back very soon. Have an invite to go and take part in the Pickerel derby on the Military base in a weeks time and then some bow hunting later on in the year hopefully.

Archived