Whats Your Favorite Fly?

iHasFish

whether its because it's your favorite to tie, catches fish for you or if its for aesthetics. What is it and why?

I'll start off with mine. The copper John just started tying it and I really like the style, the materials and the versatility. Either that or a simple marabou intruder tied on a salmon fly with a trailer hook. always produces either on the swing or stripped though still water.

can't wait to hear your favorites

I like the Coachman, especially the traditional dry and wet versions, but also most of the variants that have come along in the past 140 years or so. A close second woul be the Muddler Minnow in all of its variants, including the original.

I really enjoy tying crab and shrimp patterns. I like to fish top water flies mainly because I enjoy seeing the take.

• 2 weeks later...

Simple bucktail streamer. Color to imitate the major baitfish of your waters, just keep it SLIM and sparse, with big eyes up front.

Fun, easy and cheap tie, painless to donate to trees and snags, and if you fish it just right, and your timing is correct, the results can be... phenomenal.

Copper John has also been good to me, but currently going with more subtle nymphs, imitating color and size, nothing else.

Archived