Carp Boilies

Jerkbait00

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could suggest specific brands of boilies they have personal success with. I was reading a bit about Berkley Gulp brand offering both regular and pop-up. I usually just use a feeder with this strawberry paste and a bit of corn on a hair rig. Anyone with experience of brand/set-up/flavor in the Hamilton Harbour? Thanks hope to hear your input

Ive always used home made boilies and find they work the best, has taken a few recepie attempts but I've now out fished store bought baits. I think home made work better due to ingreediants being mere like they would find around here. Most baits are Europe based and tested, their efficiency does not always transfer to here.

Second what tiny says. I think that "shelf life" ( store bought ) boilies are a second rate bait. Make your own or fish something else. If you fish with a hair rig then you can use anything for bait that you can drill a hole in. Better yet fish pay lake style like I do. :)

Thanks guys, I guess all in all theres alot of trial and error. Seems most carp like sweet stuff. When making the frozen boilies, do you just bring a cooler down with you or do I thaw them before?. Ive never used them before. As a kid in Peterborough we always just bought a loaf of bread and can of corn, you had bait all day for $3 lol But because of the feeding machines at the zoo on Water St. there are some monsters in that river.

Archived