Chippawa Creek Conservation Area.

ChefMick

Its dirty. Looks like a Timmy's Double Double. Colorado bladed spinnerbaits in black. If you find slop and lily pads try a frog. Chances are live bait will get you cats. Its a tough portion of the Welland River to fish.

I find dark colours and noisy, vibrating baits work best!

Good luck.

I love Chippawa Creek Conservation Area, not a huge park by any means but I grew up in that park, and still go there often, mainly day trips.

Dils Lake can produce some fun fishing, especially for the kids and of course the Welland River that runs through the outskirts of the park is great, there is a boat launch there and if you can bring a boat, you can get into some decent catfish.

Looking forward to you're post when you get back from camping.

We saw tons of fireflies, I'm really glad we went. As per bass I talked to a local who was.......a bit influenced....and said there were 10lb. Bass in there. Heh..I'm pretty sure it hold a good number of stock; but no record breakers.

Oh ok that's why I was asking if that was the river. I didn't think you could put a boat in the lake

The boat launch to the lake is tight, get ready for a lot of weeds, and a tight drop in. And please watch for children playing near the launch,

We saw tons of fireflies, I'm really glad we went. As per bass I talked to a local who was.......a bit influenced....and said there were 10lb. Bass in there. Heh..I'm pretty sure it hold a good number of stock; but no record breakers.

I believe that there is a ten pounder in there. It's a conservation area with strict policies and lots of fantastic forage. I haven't caught a ten pound fish in there but had the biggest bass I've ever seen jump for my frog and miss. The whole fish was out of the water. Massive!! The frog won't catch you as many fish there, but it'll sure get the big ones.

Archived