Upper Niagara Tips

MOE FISHIN

Hey everybody...

Am launching the tinner in Fort Erie Thursday morning and would greatly appreciate any help. Got skunked last week using tubes and spinners on the flats downstream from the marina. It will be my second time out. I will post a follow up report.

Thanks in advance.

Moss is a problem in the river. Anything weedless should work, I suggest Carolina rig fished with a Berkeley brown grub on a weedless hook. Also, I would work the shore line and fish the drop offs dragging the grub. There are lots of fish in the shallows; you could pitch the docks and structures for bass. I would start at the head of the river and drift down, better yet if it is not windy go and hit the lake.

I always get the latest tip from a local shop on my way out, especially for the best colour, I usually have luck, But as a standard for me I drift the mouth beyond the peace bridge towards the lake, kinda out from the old fort,with worm harnesses for Walley and I work the edges with tubes, with the tubes the river flows so fast I usually get in about 15 fow throw in and drift and drag it along the bottom. If you do work the river for Smallies make sure you cut and retie a lot or your line will break when you catch that monster!

Archived