Weekend Report

Guest Steelheader

Guest Steelheader

Yesterday (Sat) I checked out the creek in Jordan, hoping some of that rain had raised the water level. Nope. Water was a bit dirty, but still just a trickle. Some fish holding in the pools under the bridge in Jordan, and a few downstream, but nothing to speak of. The guy fishing under the bridge was using artificial spawn, said he got a couple of hits, but nobody else had any luck. We need lots of good fall rain.

Went over to Port Dalhouise afterwards to the east side. There was probably about 15 guys there, and half a dozen by the bridge on the west side. Was there for about 90 mins, didn't see anyone hook anything. Most guys were bouncing spawn. Overcast and the wind had really picked up. Talked to a few guys, nobody had any luck. Some rather glum looking faces out there!

This morning I went to the whirlpool at 6:30, but it was just as slow. Guys were casting glo spoons, I tried bouncing roe. Another guy there had been casting glo spoons since 12am, had a couple of bumps, but no fish. The water was really dirty, like fullofgas was saying, about 2" visibility. Didn't see anyone hook anything in the 3 hours I was there.

Hope you guys had a better weekend than I did! :D

Archived