Lake Couchaching

gooey87

Summer camp in grade school like 20 years ago, caught what I thought was 1 million perch and a giant catfish:)

As a grown up I'd be looking for large mouth bass the water is crystal clear I'd use more natural colours. And if your stayin over night toss out some cut bait at night and wait for a gaint catfish:)

Good luck take pics

Mainly a bass lake....and some big bucket mouths in there as well. They hold one of the bass classics there every year. Its a nice lake to fish and you can always move through the lock and fish Simcoe. 5 mins from Rama where lots of other fish get caught....lol

the lake's limestone slabs along the eastern shore are legendary for smallies

I'll second that advice. The water's clear and you can see them. If its windy, forget it (my experience anyhow). If its calm, look out! Get some minnows and you'll be good.

I'll second that advice. The water's clear and you can see them. If its windy, forget it (my experience anyhow). If its calm, look out! Get some minnows and you'll be good.

Yeh, I agree...the water is really clear and drops off quick on the eastern shoreline. We stayed just north of Big Chief Island...I think its called and did quite well with large mouths on the western side in the lily pads. Then up further north in the lake near the small island lots of sunken stumps. Early morning, the kids picked up some nice smallies right off the dock in front of the cottage. Pretty good fishing....but I seen when they run the Bass Classic that 90% of the boats head out of the Couch to fish Simcoe....we would see the blast off start and be woke up from the boats ripping by heading out into simcoe for the Big fish.

Just got back and did well on the smallies and a few largemouth thanks for all the input This Forum Is great thanks to all the members. Will post some pics

Awesome glade you hit some fish:) get those pics up ASAP

Just got back and did well on the smallies and a few largemouth thanks for all the input This Forum Is great thanks to all the members. Will post some pics

Glad you had a good time....great place to people watch too ( Big Chief ) adventures, don't know if you had to chance to take that in. :o Usually you can find a chain of boats tied off at the sandy bar in front of the Island. We found it a nice lake to swim and snorkel in as well as decent fishing. Look forward to the pics !!!

Archived