Lake O Bass From Shore

yakfish

Did a little bass fishing this morning. I am a shore bound angler for the time being. I really need to bring my kayaks up here from the States! Anyway... I fished lake Ontario from the rocks. When I first got there, there was little to no wind and the main lake was pretty calm and flat looking. As the morning went on the wind picked up a bit and gave the water a bit more chop. I started throwing a frog imitation at some sheltered weedbeds with only a couple follows from a group of largemouths who seemed to be wise to fishermen who fish this particular spot quite often. Then I moved to the main lake throwing in-line spinners, twist tail grubs, flukes, tubes, spinnerbaits. Since the water is so clear I could pick out the fish and throw a bait at them. I had interest in nearly everything I threw but most of the hits were little more than half hearted bumps. I got one small 12 incher on a panther martin in-line spinner but everything else came on a J & M Tackle swim jig. I started slowly hopping the jig around the rocks then started moving it faster until the fish showed enough interest to actually take the bait. I ended the mornings 2 hours of fishing with 5 largemouth and one smallmouth. Most where only 12-14 inches but this one in the pic went just under 17 inches.

0726131041_zpsbfaca249.jpg

Went out again this morning for a few hours. Only caught 3 but they were bigger on average. They went 16, 17 and 18 inches respectively. all were caught on a white/chartreuse J&M Tackle spinnerbait. Sorry for the bad pics. It was bright out this morning and I could barely see the screen on my phone.

0729130921b_zpsea450757.jpg

0729130921_zps15f391a5.jpg

0729130923_zps984dbba3.jpg

Thanks for the comments. This particular spot gets enough fishing pressure as it is. I would prefer to not give the specific location. I hope you all understand.

Archived