Documenting that record fish

Guest Steelheader

Guest Steelheader

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to properly document a fish you want to submit for official records, but don't want to keep. I'm pretty much strictly catch and release, and as unlikely as it is there is always the possibility that you'll catch a fish that will be a record breaker.

What kind of photos would you need, measurements (weight/girth/length), and witnesses?

Would be a shame to kill a fish you have no intentions of eating just because you want to prove you caught it.

you definately need

1. picture of the whole fish with a readable measuring tape/device showing the weight or the length

2. a witness

I imagine you would need

1. Many different photos from different angles, showing the girth also

2. a photo holding the fish

Would be a shame to kill a fish you have no intentions of eating just because you want to prove you caught it.

1501[/snapback]

Ya like this monster bass near Crystal Beach this morning. This bass has the fattest head I've seen on a smally and a girth to boot. Of coarse the girth was prolly due to being dead.

Fat%20bass.jpg

No way I was keeping it or eating it :P

Note I never caught this pig, it was just dead by the launch. Prolly died of old age. But what if it were a record? My step Fathers Father owned a campground in Parry sound and found a monster pike floating. It was over 30 pound and tests were done to determine that it died from old age. The campground has since closed.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Ya like this monster bass near Crystal Beach this morning. This bass has the fattest head I've seen on a smally and a girth to boot. Of coarse the girth was prolly due to being dead.

1506[/snapback]

Chilli

I wonder if he was killed being thrown up on shore in the storm. There was 11.2' waves out there yesterday.

Archived