Fishing Lower Or Upper With My Wife!

MasterSkunk

Hello everyone, I have been off the forum for the summer as I was fishing. Got my personal best for large and small mouth bass so have been very busy.

Now for the important thing I am taking my wife out to the river but would like to get her into some fish, we are going to try the bowl but if we fail could anyone pm me with some help as to where to go next. We are using lures and if we can get some skein will try it. I have never fished the bowl and only fished the upper so any setup help, techniques would be greatly appreciated. We will be spinning so am guessing bottom bouncing will be our choice but any help would be great because as much as I like donating to the lure fund that is the bottom of the bowl, I would rather not.

Thank you and will try to post those bass picks.

I would suggest the Glen, getting down to the whirl pool is a little "hairy" at times and climbing back out just plain sucks to be honest. Here is a link for you http://www.niagaraparksnature.com/things-to-do/niagara-glen.htmlbut

There are trails down to the river and the scenery on the walk down are amazing also scenery at the river amazing. I would suggest if you go down stay to the "left". There is a place down there people call pebble beach. It is a nice little clearing with great potential. I have fished there many times with great success. I am not sure if I would take the little guy down there but that's up to you.

Also be aware the water levels down there can rise VERY fast, So be careful not to get stuck out some where. I have seen the water raise up 7 feet in 45 mins!!!! .

That being said it is one of the best places to fish, the salmon should be in there now plus bass, muskie..etc..etc.... a bit of everything.

Also the upper right now is good, was there last weekend got 6 really nice size bass and a 18 pound muskie. I usually go near the marina or a little further down there is a nice wall with a good dead pool with some weeds it is beside the train bridge and there is lots of parking there also there is behind the Chinese food restaurant , all good spots but get there early .

I would star out at the corner of dufferin street and the Niagara park way ( fort erie ) google map it and you will see the spot. :)

Thanks Bow I know those spots well, I take my son to the train bridge as there is lots of room for him to cause havoc. As you can tell by his picture he is a wild kid.

I took a quick look on google at the glen if you could on me with help as to paths to follow it would be appreciated. I will ask my wife where she would prefer to go but she is dying to get into a salmon bite.

When you go down the stair case at the glen stay to the left, as you go down keep to the left, you will walk under some massive rocks and eventually get to the "ridge" of the gorge. Continue going left and keep looking over the edge to see where you are. Pebble beach is a small area that is flat it is not hard to miss it because all the other "spots" are rocky. You will have to climb down about 8 feet to get to it ( but it is not bad at all ).

http://www.niagaraparksnature.com/files/Niagara-Glen-Map.pdf

take the white path to the red path down to river if you look at the map I gave you it says pebble beach. Hope this helps Also the water there is FAST!! and deep out from the edge so bring the proper gear for the fish you want to catch.

Also you will get snags, but just remember this little trick ( let the line out and let the current un snag you don't fight it. ) :)

Thanks again bow will do, am excited to give it a try. As you can see I am not adverse to targeting bass so if the salmon does not work then to the bass we go.

Cheers and good luck hope that map helped, and enjoy the beauty of the Niagara it is awesome.

Archived