Lake Erie

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

After a late night,Red Sox won it in the 12th,I was late in getting up left the house at 08:00. First I checked the bouys,for wave height,winds,then checked the forecast and I was out the door. I arrived at the launch to find the small dock removed for the winter. However what is under the warf is a nice sandy beach. I trolled out of the river then out to 50FOW.

P.Maitland1018.JPG

I pulled everything up and went out to 80FOW,trolled out to 100FOW.

The winds did die down,but the swells from yesterdays storm were still rolling.

LErie1018.jpg

Saw a boat coming down the lake. I watched as it headed towards me,it slowed,and went by my bow,Canadian Coast Guard,They waved and were off.

Then I pulled everything in at headed out to 125FOW around 18miles out. Trolled around lots of big fish out there but not a hungry one to be found.

Water temp 59F,the water colour is green,with about 7'vis.Trolled in for a couple of hrs. @ 3:30 I was back at the launch.

Home just in time to catch the first pitch. Go Red Sox!!

Guest fishmaster

Hey Brian glad to see your still hunting off Port Maitland u should be trying right in front of port no deeper than 35' fow i have been doing well on the walleye off the pier at night . and have seen tons of bows jumping just before dark .and i have seen a few salmon trying to jump the dam im shure that willams will get something in that area .when are u comin down to fish the eyes in the river any night any mornin let me no the day .

Brian, I was going to mention the same. You don't have to go far out this time of year.

Thanks for the info on the small dock being out at the launch. I didn't know you could get on the beach in Maitland. Just a bit confused on where you launched.

bosc

Brian, I was going to mention the same. You don't have to go far out this time of year.

Thanks for the info on the small dock being out at the launch. I didn't know you could get on the beach in Maitland. Just a bit confused on where you launched.

bosc

1522[/snapback]

Bocs

I launch on the opposite side that Yo launches from,it's just a bit up river. Yes I could stay in close,but I like fishing deep :)

Frigging Red Sox there loosing :P

I'll let you know.

Guest vidarling

hey Brian,

How's your heart? Bottom of the 10th one on second 1 out!

Haven't these last two games been awesome?

Good thing it started early eh?

Later

Ian

Thanks Brian. I see where you are at now. Its less driving for you as well.

1534[/snapback]

Yes Bosc

I come down the 406 to #20 across to #24 down to Wainfleet,then I turn down Canal Bank road,brings me out 1/2 mile from #64 Just a tad over 30 miles.

Oh

Red Sox Win Red Sox Win

It took 14 innings Buddy started barking in Excitement :P

Archived