Pal Question Please Help

pike007

Ok so my PAL expired I sent in my new renewal form I got it sent back because I didnot fill it out properly. So i sent it back and its been almost a month now and havnot got it back. Now my question is am I still allowed to go hunt with my gun with an expired PAL?? Obv i cant go out and buy ammo. Didnot really get a good understanding from the RCMP site. All they talked about is if your a first time PAL applier. Please anyone?

go to the Firearms center website and call their phone number. If your PAL has actually expired you may not even be able to possess the guns you have. I don't know if they will issue a temporary PAL until your application is processed.

If I understand the PAL correctly and the RCMP site, you need your PAL to not only by a firearm or ammunition but to also have a firearm in your possession..... This meaning you can't have your current firearms in your house/home.... As well as move them, check out this FAQ.....

Q. What happens if I do not renew my licence?

To be able to possess firearms lawfully, a licence authorizing possession of the firearms is required. A registration certificate is required for any restricted or prohibited firearms.

If the firearms licence expires, registration certificates for restricted or prohibited firearms may be revoked. Therfore, it is very important that the licence be renewed before it expires in order to minimize the risk of penalties under the Criminal Code for illegal possession of a firearm.........

Like Coyotehunter said call and talk to someone, you may even be able to find out if your licence is being processed........ Good luck......

Cheers

Just to clear it up for anyone else reading.

You can NOT possess a firearm without a VALID pal.

Expired is no good, they give you LOTS of warning time that you are expiring.

On the bright side with the long arms registry gone you can transfer your long guns to someone with a valid PAL until you receive yours.

As far as hunting goes, no PAL no gun unless you are in the direct supervision of a person in possession of a PAL and the 2 of you are only in possession of one gun.

Just to clear it up for anyone else reading.

You can NOT possess a firearm without a VALID pal.

Expired is no good, they give you LOTS of warning time that you are expiring.

On the bright side with the long arms registry gone you can transfer your long guns to someone with a valid PAL until you receive yours.

As far as hunting goes, no PAL no gun unless you are in the direct supervision of a person in possession of a PAL and the 2 of you are only in possession of one gun.

You may also have a POL and hunt and buy ammunition. The PAL allows you to buy more guns if you need them. Just a point of clarification.

Archived