Newbie Advice-Upper Or Lower Suggestions

archman

I know this may be more appropriate in the kayak section, but there doesn't seem to be much activity there. I live in Cleveland and have the week off. I would love to come up that way for one more shot at bass. Any suggestions that would be kayak friendly? If bass is not an option, how about kayak-friendly places for trout? I've been catching some steelhead here but I wouldn't mind a change of scenery.

Wind condition has been very unpredictable lately, then water clarity issue as well. Due to the cold temp, Most bass would be hiding deeper at lake Erie area. Lake Erie is a huge lake, water can get rough and dangerous even to bigger boats.

If you want to aim for trout, better to just fish on shore, more option for you to hike and change spot if necessary, to locate potential honey hole.

Some Kayak-er on this board cannot just openly suggest spot in case something happens to you, any board members do not want to be liable or responsible for impending danger now that water gets very cold.

Nov 26, some minor mishap at Georgian Bay. Canoe had turned over, dog and two people had to be rescued and air lifted. Lucky all survive. Water is already very cold, regardless of a person being a good swimmer, getting Hypothermia will change everything.

Archived