Gunsmiths In Niagara?

Frank81

Soooooooo............................. I go to visit some family today and we end up taking out some firearms so I can be shown what to expect on my practical test when I go for my one stop course in January, low and behold, I manage to "break?" 2 Mossburgs, one of them being a 50's or early 60's Bolt Action 12 gauge and the other being a late 70's or early 80's pump 12 gauge.

The 12 gauge was the worst, as I was pumping to clear the barrel of the blanks we put in there, the gun jammed, and then this pin fell out (see photo below) which apparently has never happened before to this gun and then the whole trigger mechanism fell out along with another internal part.

12gauge-Copy_zps09319816.jpg

We managed to get it back together and in working order, but that pin keeps sliding out now, so I would like to take it to someone who can look at it and let me know what is up with it so we can get it fixed, along with the issues of the older bolt action mossburg which is a whole other story... lol

Please point me in the right direction to a reputable gunsmith within the Niagara Region?

Thanks.

All you need is a new pin. It is supposed to come out so you can remove the trigger assembly for cleaning. Typically it is a plastic pin with a small raised rib that runs the length of the pin to hold it snug and will wear out over time causing it to get loose.

You can easily gunsmith it yourself for not much more then 99 cents.

Archived