Putting A Floor In A Boat.....anyone Recommend Someone?

canadianfcat

Well I'd like to get the boat ready for spring and the last thing I need is another project so I'd rather pay someone with the knowledge to replace my wood floor and redo the live well hatches.

Does anyone know of someone that can do it. Maybe indoor access?

What kind and size of boat? Do you have any pictures? Is the floor carpeted rod lockers? Ive done floors in glass boats and the wood is laminated to the hull with glass. Now depending on many things like seating, consoles, rod lockers and live wells determins how much work is involved. I would take a look at it for you and concider doing the replacement if its worth my while. I have lots of experience with boat repair having worked with Chris craft in my early years...I dont do or believe in micky mouse repairs or have access to indoor facilitiy but have no problem working outside. Shoot me a few pictures of what you would like to do. Id do it for you at a fair price and lots cheaper than any boat shop will charge you and a quality repair. Id give you the option of suppling the materials and paying me a negotiated price for the job.Pm me what you have in mind.

It's a 16' 6" 1990 Spectrum Blue fin.. Has side console and compartments but only storage in the center of the floor via fitted wooden hatch. Floor is carpeted. With one fixed seat for the driver and 2 seats with in floor bases for removable posts.

I'll see if I can find a couple picture or take some this week.

Sounds good. Take a good look at your transom chances are if the floor is rotted it could be right into the transom. The underside of the floor is foam so any water in there wicks right into the wood. If its not too bad you might want to concider floor covering other than carpet like an anti skid type flooring thats easier to keep clean and more suitable for fishing. The wood flooring needs to be treated with resin to prevent water absorbtion into the wood. Have you peeled up any carpet to see the extent of damage. If its right into the transom then repair might not be worth it. Get some good pictures and pm me your address info and next time im coming that way i could stop by and have a look.

The transom is all aluminum as is the hull. the plywood around the storage in the ceter of the floor is pretty much peeling apart and a soft spot were everyone gets in and out of the boat.

Othe rthen that it's a sold boat.Floor was a bit punky when I bought it and have a couple of ideas for it now

Ok well thats good then, seems like its not too bad towards the transom area. Must be sandwiched aluminum then. You might want to look at a company called compass flooring....they are a supplier of all sorts of seamless flooring. You may have seen alot of there products in hospitals and transit buses. The good part about thier products is its anti slip and no seams. You may be able to purchase aone piece precut to cover your entire floor...comes in a variety of colours to match your existing interior. If your wood is not too bad it could be sectioned in. Just something for you to concider over carpet. In any case id be glad to help you out if i can.

I hired this Italian fellow called Lee 5 years ago, 905-859-1018 at Milton. I am not sure if he is retired, he works at his home. I had my whole 16' White deep V fibreglass boat floor completely redone to my spec, it became aka bass boat/ Family cruise boat. It has majority flat flooring on top, and few separate storage compartment underneath, accessible via stainless hinges, then the final secondary sub floor below. The Top wooded flooring on the middle section and front bow can be flip open to reveal additional seats to accommodate 4 other passenger, total of 6 passenger seat for boat riding or skiing purposes. Tons of storage space underneath the main floor, just like a bass boat.

You can buy the material and pay him just the labor. I spent a total of $1000 for material alone, 3/4 inch ply wood and three 3x4 pressure treated wood for the joist, and epoxy painted on every expose wood. For the Outdoor carpet, I bought from Home depot, for easier replacement by myself in the future, since they are always available with the same color, in case I need to replace the carpet from fishy smell or just fix a section.

If only one sub floor and seat, it should be easy for him, under $1000. To do my boat project was complicated, it had rotten transom, was fixed as well, since I wanted a bass boat and still potentially be as a family boat, I paid $1600 for the labor alone.

My entire flooring project cost me more than the cost of boat and trailer itself , which I paid $1500 fifteen years ago.

Tell him Joshua, who owns a white bowrider and white trailer with all the floors I mentioned above, referred him.

Archived