Upper Niagara

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Awoke this AM to some heavy breathing. Buddy the dog has figured it out,"If I wake him early he'll give me something to eat :worthy: So at 05:30 I was out of bed and out the door within 15 mins. Tim's gas,then to Walt's (Dominion Bait) and down to Fort Erie,just as I was launching Denis showed up,he told me I should do alright today,Yeah right Denis. Water Vis in the river 2+ ft. Temp 56.9,Lake Erie temp same vis. within a mile of the mouth was 2'vis 2 miles out with the east wind blowing it was a foot at best.

Headed out of the river trolled around for a few hrs trying this and that (Williams variations) Minnows,worm harness,planner boards...

Then I went down by Nicholl's Marine,tried bottom bouncing,it wasn't pretty :worthy: Man I hate doing that,Did that for about as long as I could cuss 2 good words. Then I hooked up my one and only Muskie Bait. I set sail down river,shut my kicker off and used the trolling motor to steer down river. Wasn't long before I hooked bottom and lost my bait,or so I thought,I put a deepdiver on and trolled down to the Marina.

upperriver1020police.jpg

I decided it was time to do some D.rigging and head back up.

UpperRiver1020.jpg

Thats when I saw my big muskey bait floating by. I had lost it an hour earlier :o

No fish today. I'm driving around to Dunkirk friday,hopefully I can find a hungry fish there.

Archived