Spring Kings

iHasFish

Curious if anyone has started trolling yet. This will be my first year trying from my kayak and I'm very new about all of it. When do they usually start coming close? Thanks boys.

I'm also wondering that it will be my first year trolling by boat for them. I'll let you when I find them!

Curious if anyone has started trolling yet. This will be my first year trying from my kayak and I'm very new about all of it. When do they usually start coming close? Thanks boys.

Friend of mine got one in a yak in September trolling a K18 kwickfish or k 15?? Not sure

Should be a good year along the SW shore... Cold water will keep them concentrated down this way longer.

Vito Dattomo from Lord Of The Kings is presenting a free seminar Monday night at the Port Dalhousie Legion at 730pm. Should be a good time!.St Catharines Salmon Derby begins April 12 too!

One of the best areas to start is the mud line around Jordan.Browns can be in 3 feet of water right at the shoreline so don't worry about being too shallow for them.Usual a orange or silver rapala can get a few trolling.

Lots of cool stuff happening for the Lake Ontario trollers this spring!

1st off, the 39th annual St Catharines Game & Fish Association's Spring Salmon Derby begins in 2 weeks!
A couple hi-lights to mention:

* Everyone who buys a ticket, qualifies for the draw for a 2116 Scotty HP Downrigger. As well if you win a top 5 placing in any category, you get an additional chance in the draw.

* They will be also running a Summer Derby, same format and same payouts running from June 14 - August 12. Again, everyone who buys a ticket, qualifies for the draw for the 2116 Scotty HP Downrigger. As well if you win a placing in any category, you get an additional chance in the draw

* There will not be a "Members Derby" this year. Instead, there is a new "Members Division" which will run concurrently with both the Spring & Summer Derby. There will be one placing for each species in the "Members Division" and you cannot enter the same fish in both divisions, it has to be one or the other. Please refer to the rules.

Summer Derby will have same rules, format & payouts and will run June 14- Aug 9

They are going to try to use social media as often as we can to keep regular updates coming.

The SCGFA will also be running the 1st annual Port Dalhouise 3x3 Salmon Classic over the May long weekend May 17-19.

Very simple concept. Any boat owner ("captain") has until the Friday at 6pm to register their boat for $50. From Saturday 6am, to Monday at 2pm, they may enter any and ONLY 3 salmon that are caught from that boat. No upgrading fish!

yes you can enter the same fish in the Spring Salmon, or any other event, as long as all rules are followed for both events

Also this Tuesday, April 1 at the Grimsby Legion, the guest Speakers at the Strait Line Anglers Club meeting is the 2013 KINGS OF THE LAKE, the "Silver Junkies". (Darryl Day, Pat Commerford, and Nate Jamieson) All are welcome, to attend this free meeting. Starts at 7pm!

The SLAs will also be running a new Salmon tournament on Sat May 31, out of Fishermans Pier. More details to come on this, but it will follow same rules & format as the "Catch The Fry" Tourny.

Hope some of you fellas can make these events!

Archived