Noaa Nautical Charts For Free

mslovak

If you want a map with better contour lines, try this one. I use it, and has better definition. This is just of NE Erie.

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/greatlakes/lakeerie_cdrom/images/a6b.jpg

It is also free.

There all great sites and charts, that one you put up Lund looks like my Navionics chip..... Lots of contour and detail with shoals, usually check them when hitting an new area............. Cheers

Cheers

There all great sites and charts, that one you put up Lund looks like my Navionics chip..... Lots of contour and detail with shoals, usually check them when hitting an new area............. Cheers

Cheers

I wish my Navonics card looked this good. I don't want to hijack things here but I'm back to looking at Lakemaster. I believe the new card covers all of Lake Erie in 1 ft increments. If so I'm all in. I just need to see one in action.

LT

I wish my Navonics card looked this good. I don't want to hijack things here but I'm back to looking at Lakemaster. I believe the new card covers all of Lake Erie in 1 ft increments. If so I'm all in. I just need to see one in action.

LT

Hey Lund I think getting INFO isn't a hijack every one who looks must be interested one way or another....... Anyway I emailed Lakemaster last year and was told it cuts off at the Canada / US border :wall: , which to me doesn't sound profitable on there part........ But keep me (us) in the loop if you do find out there chips come this far, because yes I've heard they have better detail and lower increments........ Cheers...

Bic

Me

Hi:

Just wondering if this covers Canadian waters in Lake Erie?

Thanks,

THEM

Thank you for contacting LakeMaster. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Per the lake list for the Great Lakes chart card, the coverage of Erie is listed as:

Erie CA1 (Detroit River)
Erie CA2 (Pelee Point)
Erie CA3 (West of Pointe Aux Pins)
Erie CA4 (East of Pointe Aux Pins)
Erie CA5 (Port Stanley)
Erie CA6 (West of Long Point)
Erie CA7 (East of Long Point)
Erie CA8
(Grand River to Niagara River)
Erie US1 (Maumee River)
Erie US2 (Sandusky)
Erie US3 (Vermilion)
Erie US4 (Lorain)
Erie US5 (Cleveland)
Erie US6 (Fairport Harbor)
Erie US7 (Conneaut)
Erie US8 (Erie)
Erie US9 (Westfield to Buffalo)

According to this it would appear that it's only covering the US side of the lake.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other LakeMaster related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Good Boating and Fishing!
Dawn-crc

ME

Is there anywhere I can demo the chart. Because east and west of long point technically means all of lake erie. All the items with CA are on the Canadian side of lake erie.

Thanks,

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

We do not have a list of dealers that would have this chart card instock but can only recommend to check the
dealer locator for dealers within your area to confirm if any of them may have a card you can place in a display unit to view this detail prior to purchase.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Dawn-crc

Me

Hi:

Thanks,

THEM

Thank you for contacting LakeMaster. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Per the lake list for the Great Lakes chart card, the coverage of Erie is listed as:

Erie CA1 (Detroit River)
Erie CA2 (Pelee Point)
Erie CA5 (Port Stanley)
Erie CA8
Erie US1 (Maumee River)
Erie US2 (Sandusky)
Erie US3 (Vermilion)
Erie US4 (Lorain)
Erie US5 (Cleveland)
Erie US7 (Conneaut)
Erie US8 (Erie)

According to this it would appear that it's only covering the US side of the lake.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other LakeMaster related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Dawn-crc

ME

Is there anywhere I can demo the chart. Because east and west of long point technically means all of lake erie. All the items with CA are on the Canadian side of lake erie.

Thanks,

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

We do not have a list of dealers that would have this chart card instock but can only recommend to check the
dealer locator for dealers within your area to confirm if any of them may have a card you can place in a display unit to view this detail prior to purchase.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Dawn-crc

I mentioned that CA6 and 7 and for that matter any item with CA in front of it sounds like CANADA. No reply.

LT

Me

Hi:

Thanks,

THEM

Erie CA1 (Detroit River)

Erie CA2 (Pelee Point)

Erie CA5 (Port Stanley)

Erie CA8

Erie US1 (Maumee River)

Erie US2 (Sandusky)

Erie US3 (Vermilion)

Erie US4 (Lorain)

Erie US5 (Cleveland)

Erie US7 (Conneaut)

Erie US8 (Erie)

Dawn-crc

ME

Thanks,

We do not have a list of dealers that would have this chart card instock but can only recommend to check the dealer locator for dealers within your area to confirm if any of them may have a card you can place in a display unit to view this detail prior to purchase.

Dawn-crc

I mentioned that CA6 and 7 and for that matter any item with CA in front of it sounds like CANADA. No reply.

LT

Hey Lund....

I have to agree with you on this...... I googled the Erie CA3 (West of Pointe Aux Pins) and it is the area near Rondeu Bay a part of Erieu.....So I'm with you on the CA part, just got to confirm that......

Erie CA1 (Detroit River)

Erie CA2 (Pelee Point)

Erie CA5 (Port Stanley)

Erie CA8

I will definitely look more into this as well........

Bic.

I purchased the Lakemaster Erie card yesterday and promptly returned it today. Was not impressed with the portion of Lake Erie that I fish. I will stick with Navionics for now.

It did not show a lot of the spots that I was fishing recently, the contour lines were every 1 ft, but my 8 year old daughter seems to have been employed at Lakemaster in the last little while as an artistic director. It looked as though the lines just followed the contours of the shore to a tee. Wow. Sugarloaf marina had nothing, the US side of Erie was fantastic if that's where you fish. The Niagara had good detail.

LT

Well that's to bad lund, like I said to them last year there's a lot of fisher man in Canada that would purchase their product..... Glad you were able to return it, not to many places would allow that..... Thanks for giving me (us) the heads up............... Cheers

Archived